Tuesday, October 16, 2012

not dead...but G's tooth might be

One of the BIGGEST fears I have is mouth injuries. I have no idea why, I have just always had this weird issue with bloody mouths, or a hurt tooth...even cavities or the thought of a popcorn kernel stuck in my gums tends to throw me into a panicked emotional downward spiral..

When a bad guy gets punched in the mouth in the movies...I vom a little 

It's intense and weird and I most likely need anxiety medication and or shock therapy

Jump to this past weekend when all my fears came to an intense and crushing reality as my precious little G suffered from quite the mouth injury...

We had one of G's friends over from school to have a play date / parents have an excuse to drink a little to much wine while the kids entertain themselves type of night, when as soon as the wine bottles were about to crack open I see and hear the thud of two little heads colliding down the hall.

G had a head to mouth collision with her buddy and straight busted her lip and knocked both her front teeth loose

HOLY SHIT I wanted to stroke out 

the cry that came out of her mouth was that of sheer pain and agony and my heart instantly stopped as I feared all types of worst case scenarios

it was bloody and sad and just all around crazy scary for me....but I had to keep it together and not flip out for her sake and for the sake of her little friend. I didn't want to further upset the kids with my ridiculous reaction...ya know?

So I acted cool and watched as through the night her mouth swelled to "real housewives" trout pout proportions

The next morning after a long night of exaggerated grumpy three year old antics, she finally let me take a look at her mouth and teeth..

She was black and blue, and swollen and had knocked one whole tooth backward and both front teeth were loose

ummmm....i died

I called the dentist and she assured me all would be OK..

that most likely the teeth will set in there new position and will tighten back up, and maybe they will change color a bit and go gray

GO GRAY!!!!!???

I mean.....what the hell?

One day G will punch my teeth for posting these pictures of her but I don't care....these may as well be my own teeth because I am pretty sure this hurts me more than it hurt her

bringing the drama out in this Mama..

anyways, the point of this post is strictly for sympathy...haha

and an excuse for me ducking out on blogging, while I tend to my spawn




did I mention she is sick with a nasty cough and cold..??

woe is me...woe woe woe is me and G


 

13 comments:

  1. Aww, so sorry that happened. Sounds like you really kept it together for her though despite your fear, which is HUGE. I have an irrational fear like that (of IV's) and honestly don't know if I could check myself long enough to be a good mom first! Give yourself props in between the extra hugs for G ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I completely understand your fears because I have the same ones when it comes to teeth injuries. Sometimes I watch my 2 year-old son playing like the rough and tumble boy he is and all the ways he could injure himself fly through my mind. I do a lot of breathing and pretending I'm not freaking out inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair do's on keeping it together. I work with 2-3yr olds and on the day I was being observed by Ofsted (Ask Duck!) in walked my little angel, minus a bottom tooth, clutching a blood soaked towel. The reason why? "I wanted to open my bottle with my teeth" although it sounded more like "Apan ottle wiv ooth". I kept it together in front of said inspector, a room full of children and their parents, somehow! It's amazing how we mother's cope with these little things our cherubs do! Hope G feels better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear the news, I have the exact same issues! We had a similar experience with our youngest during the summer and he has one slightly dark front tooth to show for it. Kudos to you for holding it together in front of little G, I was far too emotional when it happened to us. My consolation is knowing that as you said, it hurt me far worse that it hurt him -and- that the hubs has now agreed to now take on all duties as they relate to permanent teeth coming in for both our boys...lucky me! G is a lucky girl herself to have such a strong and talented mama. Best to you both!


    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a hygienist...we see this a fair amount and it will be ok, which doesn't make it less traumatic for you. I can say that but if it was my little girl I would semi-freak. At least it is her baby teeth and not her permanent teeth, you don't want to have to do crazy involved treatment on a 10 year old. Hang in there, both you and G!

    ReplyDelete
  6. heres offering you sympathy and hope...my beautiful 4 year old had a bad tooth injury as well. she looked like a who from dr seuss. we went straight to the pediatric dentist who said she had broken a small bone, her two teeth were pushed a bit back so he tried tugging just a tad. now about a year later that tooth is a touch darker only if you knew to look for it. we have the possibility of having damaged her permanent tooth but it could be much worse. she will be feeling better very soon. and shes adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl, I have been there. T knocked his front tooth when he was 2 and slipped in the tub. It did set, it turned a lovely shade of greige, and then at 5 I noticed a bubble on his gum over the tooth- it abscessed and needed to be pulled. FAst forward, I now have a 7 year old with 2 perfectly fine grown up teeth and now his younger 5 year old bro with 3 "pulled" top teeth. Its my lot in life, the hell of childhood baby teeth. Thank god they grow back!
    I wish you the best and hope they "settle in" all fine and G is back to her regular self soon.

    xo
    Danika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have any kids.... or teeth stories.... but Aw! Poor little girl (and you). Hang in there! She's still so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww so sorry for you and your sweet little girl. If it makes you feel any better, I had a similar accident when I was in first grade. My upper lip swelled so huge, it overlapped my whole bottom lip. The inside was black and blue like G's. It lasted about a week and went away. Most importantly, there was no permanent damage done. Hang in there, momma! It probably hurts you more than it does her now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This site is one of the best I have found :

    1.Best Home Insurance Progressive Home Insurance

    2.Best Car Insurance Liberty Car Insurance

    3.Best Car Modifications 2013 Audi TT RS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, for the most part, but don’t you feel as if the issue is more complex than that?

    1.Specs Review Wallpaper: 2013 Acura RDX

    2.Specs Review Wallpaper: Mercedes Benz C300

    3.Specs Review Wallpaper: 2013 Audi TT RS

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**