Thursday, February 9, 2012

Humbled

This happened....and I am Va Klempt



Bloggers’ Choice

Who will make it big in 2012? Our favorite design bloggers tell us which up-and-comers they’re excited about right now:





“Amber Lewis started her career as a textile designer, and her talent for using stunning fabrics in her projects is self evident. I think 2012 will be her year to shine because she successfully merges disparate elements in her d├ęcor choices to create gorgeous and infinitely livable interiors. Amber's style is imbued with a laid back, effortless SoCal chic that I find very compelling. She has a talent for layering patterns and textiles as well as for mixing ethnic, tribal elements with more traditional pieces. I also appreciate her inclusion of quirky and unusual artwork in the spaces she decorates. Amber also offers a more affordable e-decorating option for clients, which makes her work more accessible to younger professionals and families — a definite boon for savvy potential clients in 2012!”
CasaSugar Editor Elka Karl


*********

 I am gonna get all emotional up in here....so

Brace yo'Self

If you have a weak gag reflex...

If you think "feelings" are annoying....

or

If you just generally think of me as a cotton headed ninny muggins

then these next couple sentences are not for you

I am gonna shed a single tear, and I am not ashamed..

here goes........


I LOVE my job.

I wake up everyday being excited that I get to be creative for a living. 

I truly believe the old saying "if you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life"

It's a motto I live by..

I knew that when I made the fateful decision to go out on my own in this big bad world of design that I most likely would have ups and downs.
That I would struggle to make my place in this crazy soup of talent and that I may never stand out as a good designer.
 I told myself that as long as I still had the drive and the passion to keep going I would never stop and never look back and try my damnedest to just remember that I was doing what I loved.
I promised myself that I would keep going and giving it 110% until I no longer had it in me.
I would try and stay positive and I would just keep putting out good vibes into the universe.

I would be lying if I said I never dreamt about getting some notoriety for my work.
Of course I have always wanted to impress enough people to keep my self busy and getting referrals. The occasional pat on the back from a family member or two would be all the recognition I would need to plug on. 
I even dreamt of having a few followers on my blog that would give me a comment here and there to keep my little dream alive.

Well, Cut to present time..
 I never dreamt I could be in such awesome company and recognized by the leaders in the industry of all things decor!!!

That shit is just crazy and I must pinch myself!

Not only do I have all of you lovers that follow my blog and care what I have to say.

Not only do I get new readers everyday which still flatters me to no end and read comments that make me love you all even more...

Not only do I have clients that I cherish and more clients that are willing to wait so that I can help them design their homes.

BUT I ALSO

have made some amazing friendships with people who share this love of interior design with me.
and most importantly I still LOVE what I do.

I am in shock and humbled beyond words.
It just keeps getting better and better and my passion grows more with each day.

I truly want to Thank You Lovers from the bottom of my heart for visiting this here bloggy.

You have allowed me to document and share with you this great love of mine.

I would also like to thank Elka from CasaSugar for nominating me for the spot in Elle Decor



Personally I feel like I just gave a really long and annoying golden globes speech.
BUT

Its how I feel
even if it is douchey!

46 comments:

  1. Ahhhh you so deserved it! Loved seeing your name up there... and I totally loved your golden globes speech :-)

    xoxo
    eileen
    www.acreativedayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, you more than deserve it. More! We have a designer girl crush on everything you do. You have such a unique flair like nothing else. Keep doing what you do because we love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this! SO excited for you!! Elle F*cking Decor!

    You are such a rockstar. Enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve it for being so freaking awesome :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! You deserve the recognition and I do believe this is your year!!! You have amazing style and anyone who doesn't know about you yet should get on the bandwagon!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Wish you would come help me with my house!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go Girl! Good things happen to good people. I so enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats so much to you! This is amazing and we couldn't be more happy for you. You deserve for the world to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! That's amazing and I'm so happy for you!
    Thank you for the daily gorgeousness and inspiration!!
    It's so great to hear that positve thoughts and hard work can get you what you want. I'm counting on that for myself, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME! I'm happy to say that you are the only one on that list that I read. And I read your blog daily! congrats! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. You deserve it! You are a bright spot in MY day! and Im so thrilled talent like you is getting her props! I love your speech, and it is not too gushy...very touching, and gives us all inspiration to keep going......
    Relish the moment! Take the day off and go shopping!
    Nancy
    http://www.powellbrower.com/2012/02/powell-brower-home-maiden-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHHH! So exciting and DESERVED! Congrats! I love this blog and your style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How freakin cool!! Totally not surprised at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! You totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are such a douche.
    No, not really.
    You are so talented and look at you all sessy and sassy with your blonde bangs. You deserve it, and I hope this gets you a million more clients so we can see a million more projects from you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! So exciting for you.We love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. well deserved!! congrats!! not only is your style funky and gorgeous at the same time, you are so ENTERTAINING TOO! i love seeing everything that you're doing, and laughing along the way as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats. And, oh, I want your haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i truly look forward to reading your blog everyday and am so happy to see you gain notoriety (thank you spellcheck!). you really make it all look effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!!! I've been reading your blog for a while and knew it was only time before you were recognized for the great work you do! :) Can't wait for your Shoppe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on the recognition! And I thoroughly enjoyed reading your Golden Globes speech.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You so deserve this! Of all the mags and blogs I read, I keep coming back to your aesthetic as my very favorite. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are amazing and so deserve it! Your designs are wonderful and you are a great writer too. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amber, this is so amazing. Congratulations!!!! I can totally relate to the feelings you mentioned when you were first starting out (hello, me). You are so inspiring and deserve every accolade that comes your way!!!!

    Now go pour yourself a glass of champers and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh amber! That is so exciting, I'm so happy for you. I love your sense of style and design! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't think of anyone more deserving! SO happy for you! Best speech ever!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow! this is amazing! and you totally deserve it. you went for something because your heart was in it, even though it was scary, and i believe that the universe rewards people for that. you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I mean, you're kind of freaking awesome, so I could see why this would happen for you! CONGRATS, you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i just shed a tear with you! this is awesome and what dreams r made of! just know that i wake up each morn. super pumped to see what you have to say and what u have to post. you help fill my creative tank & keep me inspired. bravo lady!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Totally awesome....congrats and well deserved

    ReplyDelete
  30. Please, so NOT douchey! Saw this on Elle yesterday and was SO happy for you! (and what a great photo!!!) casa sugar is casa super smart! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I saw a glimpse of this on Twitter this morning and was so very happy for you - congrats on this amazing feature!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love you Amber! Rock their faces off. You OWN this!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So great! And well-deserved. Congratulations! Can't wait to see how client awesome's one week office design is going!

    ReplyDelete
  34. awesomeness!
    oh, guess you went with bangs? did i miss that post follow up? looks good. love the necklace too.
    get down with your bad self.
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations! This is absolutely amazing, and well deserved. I feel like I have watched you grow SO much this year, from being about your 7th follower to being one of a thousand. Can't wait to see where your career takes you next.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  36. NOT douchey! False humility is annoying. It's obvious that you're genuinely thrilled, as you should be. It's encouraging to hear someone who took a risk and reached a point where they can look back and say, "I never would've imagined then what would happen now." Yay-for-you!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I look forward to reading your blog every day. Not only are you hilarious but exceptionally talented. Keep up the good work Amber- you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. So excited for and inspired by you Amber! Congrats on a well-earned and much deserved honor! Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Amber you are so talented and you deserve every single bit of it my friend!!! Loved this feature and I look forward to continuing to follow along here and seeing all the amazing things that I know will come to you :) Happy weekend doll,

    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete
  40. Big old fat congratulations to you. You deserve it. Have enjoyed watching your star rise since the infancy days of your blog. If I was a sap, I would say something along the lines of 'you're my idol' or 'I am so inspired that I just ran out and started my own mini empire because of you' or 'you're a rock star like your mr.' But I am not. So I won't.

    ReplyDelete
  41. It's because you rock sister girl! Your designs are fab and you are pretty cool to boot it seems from your blog. Keeping rocking on all levels! Your humble fan....

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations! Im currently am studying Interior Design and would pee my pants if i could one day have a quarter of the talent and flare that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  43. so HAPPY for you, you totally deserve it! your work is beautiful, real and a pretty dream! well done! xo

    ReplyDelete
  44. You know how I feel about this...BEYOND. PROUD...so so so happy for you it- you deserve this recognition my friend...you're one hell of a talent!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**