Thursday, December 1, 2011

5 greatest kitchens....my humble opinion!

A LOVE LETTER TO MY FIVE FAVORITE KITCHENS OF ALL TIME

#1 
The kitchen of Designer Kirsten Buckingham

You kitchen temptress with your black cabinets, sassy brassy hardware and amazing tiled floors...Your HUGE hot Wolf Range Stove and creepy moody oil painting on the hood....Your sultry lure gets me every time! 



 #2: 
Oh Windsor Smith.... 

How I love thee. 
Let me count the ways, starting with your checkered floors and ending with your wing backs and nickel pendants..I have even grown to love and accept your Chippendale chairs. 

Your romantic and sweet and if I was either of those things..we could date.
#3. Lonny Kitchen

 I don't know who designed this so please chime in with info. All I know is that Lonny debuted this Beauty...and I have been stalking it ever since. "Hey Lonny kitchen, What's Up? Wanna Mash Potatoes sometime?"

O0000h Yeah...sexy

#4. Commune

Everything that should be wrong with this kitchen is what somehow attracts me to it. Green cabinets and funky prison lights really speak to me here.. It's not a bad thing either that the patio connects to the kitchen....and that it is just as drool worthy on its own....
I call it the "prison in the woods" vibe....and I like it A LOT



 #5
Ahhh yes,  Rowan and Williams and your beautiful celebrity clientele. 
I know why they hire you.....cause you can decorate and design a mean ass sexy kitchen. Look at all this marble in Gwyneth's pretty palatial kitchen. All the white makes me feel like the chances of ever getting food poisoning eating from here would be slim to none. 
I would go so far to say you could lick/make-out with the floors...slurp!


21 comments:

  1. Windsor Smith has it hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your opinion is amaze. Totally agree with these choices. #2 and #3are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAYUM - I love all of those... OK, minus the Prison in Woods one.. But good picks!

    Bethany
    http://powellbrower.blogspot.com/2011/11/for-sale-large-custom-relaxed-roman.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Windsor Smith is the Captain of all the kitchens of the world, but these are some other amazing ones as well. LOVE the black and white combos. Who thinks of kitchens being sexy?? You are so right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the lonny kitchen is one of my favorites, too - by david cafiero i'm pretty sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. a few of my all-time faves as well. it doesn't get much better than that first one, does it? ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the simplicity and warmth of the Lonny kitchen. I could jump right in there and start cooking up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this post, I'm seriously obsessed with all these elements for my kitchen, I'm so debating on whether I should paint my kitchen cabinets white or black, white is safe but black is what my heart says!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my favorite are number 5. thank you best ragards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks-wise I am right there with you- they are all gorgeous. But I am a kitchen designer by trade and #1 and #2 are NOT practical. No counter space around the range. The tables are way too close to the work area. If someone was sitting in the bamboo chairs in the Windsor Smith kitchen you wouldn't be able to open the range door. Maybe it's just the angle, but based on the photos the space planning doesn't make sense to me.

    Sorry to be a negative Nellie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You left out your kitchen. It's my fave-seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes. i jizz all over those kitchens.

    also my word verification was 'ovari'

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first three kitchens are some of my favorites too! Everytime I see that first kitchen I swoon - a great mix of materials!

    ReplyDelete
  14. for me, my have is #2...ive always liked that photo! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent information and facts. Only real difficulty I was basically receiving was viewing the pics. No idea exactly why.

    1. Interior Design Seattle

    2. Minimalist Interior Design

    3. best interior design schools

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the kitchen on the garden because it somehow stimulates eating outdoors with all the trees and flowers surrounding you. I also like the pure white kitchen with marbles because of its elegant and sophisticated look. Maybe one of these days, I will surprise my wife by renovating our kitchen. Of course, I would seek an expert’s help to ensure a more positive outcome.

    Bronwyn Hass

    ReplyDelete
  17. This marble in Gwyneth's pretty palatial kitchen looks nice.Green cabinets and funky prison lights really speak. It's not a bad thing either that the patio connects to the Kitchen Remodeling....and that it is just as drool worthy on its own.

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**