Friday, November 18, 2011

Mid Century Modern...in doses

Every now and again I go on a MCM{mid-century-modern} bonanza.


I have come to my own personal conclusion that every room needs an element of mid century.

Whether it's a piece of pottery or a papa bear chair....

It always appeals to me and a little bit is always good...

try to argue it, i dare ya!












JUICE FAST UPDATE:

Still no significant weight loss. Just a sad little pound!

I am feeling actually much better energy-wise. If I didn't have a broken toe and now a head cold & sore throat from hell I could really see how amazing the cleanse could make you feel...

I ate last night...I steamed up some broccoli and cauliflower with water and added some spicy herbs to trick my senses to thinking it was getting some super spicy Mexican food

I am gonna keep up the fast for the 7 days like I promised....

I have modified my diet a bit by adding partially steamed vegetables as a mini meal once a day.

still no sugar
not a drop of caffeine 
no meat
no dairy
no carbs

Everyday gets easier....

everyday I also dream of eating Thanksgiving dinner....

16 comments:

  1. I have a special place in my heart for MCM! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love MCM too. I want more if it in my home especially an eames rocker....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a cool original eames chair for sale on craigslist if ya know anyone who's interested =) It just doesn't fit in my home anymore...boo. PS- I mentioned you on the blog today pretty lady....xoxo shel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree that every room needs a touch of mid-century! The designs are so versatile they can fit into almost any space and add that little touch of pizzazz.

    You're starting to tempt me to try this juice diet......

    Laura
    www.happyroost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree which is why I'm searching for the perfect MCM coffee table. Been searching for a while already. Fingers crossed the one will come along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree on the MCM! Great pics. You are a brave, brave gal...how are you doing this diet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you cannot WAIT for T-giving. Hey - I mentioned your awesome, super cute style in my first post debut. Check it out. And keep doin' what you do - you have an exceptional eye!

    Bethany
    http://powellbrower.blogspot.com/2011/11/first-item-offered-for-sale.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup on the small hits of MCM- I've got a chair and a credenza and I love it mixed with more glamorous/frilly elements. I love your for doing the cleanse- I think I need to try something similar because I'm feeling like a 95 year old these days- I'm starting with gluten to see if that helps but might have to take the cleanse plunge soon- inspired by how long you've gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge fan of MCM but I also like it mixed up with other pieces. I started a healthy living competition today and it's not going to be easy but I'm hoping I respond well (meaning get my butt back in shape).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did a liquid fast once and thought I was gonna punch someone. Actually I did punch my partner....in a food related dream....but nonetheless, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you via alamode and am now following!
    fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this decoration style!
    The room are very light and the colors look so fresh!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree...especially with a chair or two. Good luck on the diet...any headaches?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with this so much! Good luck with the diet, Wish I was as strong!
    KL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this decoration style!
    The room are very light and the colors look so fresh

    Regards,
    http://www.reninteriors.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent information and facts. Only real difficulty I was basically receiving was viewing the pics. No idea exactly why.

    1. Interior Design Seattle

    2. Minimalist Interior Design

    3. best interior design schools

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**