Friday, September 16, 2011

Fun stuff

Sorry for not checking in yesterday....G decided to start her terrible two's right on time. Actually she was a bit early...she has been throwing screaming tantrums for the past week and my nerves are shot!!

She kept showing me these signs that something was up with her. She went from sleeping for 3 plus hours at naps to refusing them completely, and screaming herself to sleep at night. 
She was doing some weird shit like fall asleep on her bedroom rug and not in her crib...which was freaking me out.
 Anyways I went and bought her a big girl bed yesterday in desperation to try anything and guess what??

The Tantrum Monkey slept ALL NIGHT without a peep and like a big girl in her big girl bed!!!!


This is good news for many reasons but most importantly......

I FINALLY GET TO DESIGN MY LITTLE GIRLS BIG GIRL BEDROOM!!!!!

Oh my, you have no idea how long I have been waiting for this day. I still have not come up with the perfect plan yet although I know for certain it involves this fabric....i think



stay tuned for this design board coming your way..

Speaking of design boards, wanna see one I just finished for my clients Living Room


stay TUUUUUUUUNED




16 comments:

  1. Love that design board Amber.

    www.clotheshorsenyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fantasize about designing my future kid's bedrooms. How fun! Love this design, i'm obsessed with bone inlay stuff lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the bad week! Why couldn't she just come up to you and say calmly, "I would like a big girl bed, please." Toddlers, always so full of drama! ;-) ;-)

    That fabric is great and the design plan is beautiful. The side tables are champ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the scheme... your style rocks my socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very happy to see someone using rust velvet!! i am trying to think of a way to sneak it into a room. can't wait to see the nuggets big girl room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm right there with you. tantrums, screaming, falling asleep ONLY with me sleeping on her floor... you name it. Can't wait to see your little girl's new room :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep it coming! We must have our sleep..glad the big girl bed seemed to work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the design board is amazing! Love the bone inlay chests!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sofa on your board is what I have been looking for! Where can I find it? love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel your pain sister! I have a 2.5 year old boy. I converted his crib to a toddler bed and he was so excited about it. He slept fine at night for a few days but on the weekend when we were home with him, forget about nap time. He would not stay in bed. I had to put the crib rail back up. so we're back in the crib...ughhh...I hope you have better luck! :)
    Love the design board
    ~Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  11. good lord that would freakme out too.
    yay for the big girl bed.
    and yay for new design frontier.

    that moodboard is the cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That design board is very exciting, I can't wait to see the end results. I love, love, love succulents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your moodboard! Where does one find such amazing dressers?

    ReplyDelete
  14. you've got great taste. love your style and love your blog- i just discovered it. now i'm a follower :) -loveofinteriors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stupid question: What design board software do you use? You're boards always look so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Amber I love the yellow ikat fabric! Who is it by? I have been searching..

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**