Thursday, August 4, 2011

One room 2 Looks with: Naomi of Design Manifest

Who loves the blog Design Manifest?.???........  I DO, I DO!!! That's why I was squeal happy when she said she would play the one room 2 way game. Naomi and her fantastic blog is among "my dailies" and just in case your new to her fabness she was also just featured in the new "House of Fifty" She has a killer eye and a flair for some Boho Genius.



Check It!!!

********************
Hey Guys! I'm so excited to be here today for
 One Room Two ways.  I think Amber and her blog are pretty rock n roll and I especially love this series.  As a manic re-stylist, its fun to see what how other bloggers re-invent spaces. I took this as an opportunity to tackle my sofa. This is a true style story, a real-life before and after, or as I prefer to think of it...


When I bought my first big girl sofa I knew exactly what I wanted: clean lines, mid-century feel, gray upholstery. I found it in Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams' Martin Sofa. It was the bees knees until I moved into a new loft space recently and decided to completely reinvent my life decor style.

Not wanting to buy a new sofa, I made it work for awhile...



Then one day I had the brillz idea to have a slipcover made.  20 yards of yummy linen later and I have a more neutral, softer sofa.  I also switched out the end table, pillows, and rearranged my coffee table, 'natch.


Now it's like I have two sofas, which is pretty much the best thing ever.  I'm totally loving the skirted style and am enjoying my little boho-chic fantasy.  But I also like that if I ever want Mid-Century Martin back, all I have to do is pull off my slipcover.  Winner!

Next up: Figure out what to do with the ugly doors behind my sofa.

Hope you guys enjoyed my little makeover.  Amber, thanks so much for having me over!  This was totally the kick in the ass that I needed to get my pillow sewing done.

Dude you are the one who is rock and rollin'. 
Thanks for playin Naomi!

21 comments:

  1. Great makeover, I love this series such a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy clusterfrack...I ADORE the makeover...and to think that Naomi can now have it both ways...le sigh- perfection. I honestly LOVE both looks- talent I tell you. As always Amber, love love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sofa makeover is amazing...and a completely brillz idea (c: This series is always amazing and Naomi is a design genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martin "in drag"- the skirt looks fabulous. LOVELOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing !! They are both gorgeous but really loving the slipcovered look !

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha Martin in drag... I love it! Amber thanks again for inviting me over. I'm honored to be on your fab blog and it was so great to have the motivation to complete the change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that slipcover is perfection! love naomi's blog & style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both looks!! I'm more of a clean/modern girl but I have a soft spot for that easy Moroccan feel. Naomi is a styling genius (as you are, Amber!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. brillz. love both of these looks - the pillows on the first are just amazing. and your coffee table and rug are insane!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the transformation! Such a great series Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's a design genius. Who would've thought?!? Not I. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So freaking good! First slip covered sofa I love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Naomi and I love Martin's makeover. This really is a genius idea especially for those of us on a budget with ADD design aesthetic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Amber --
    I came over from Naomi's blog --
    Now I have one more blog to follow. Both of you have an amazing eye (and fantastic blogs!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! It's a fresh and bright update although I could totally enjoy both looks,its so great to have each option... Naomi never seizes to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the slipcover...and the pillows are magnificent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great work! May I ask what fabrics you used for both of the gorg new pillows? They are the exact colors of a painting I have in my living room! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I just found your blog while doing research on the Martin Sofa and I'm so glad I did! I love the look (well, now, I'll have to say "looks"!) of the sofa, but since the store here doesn't have it, I'm wondering about its comfort. At 18 inches, is the seat really low? And how would you qualify the firmness of the seat and back cushions? Thank you so much for your help, it is much appreciated! - Marie-H

    ReplyDelete
  19. Naomi, the slipcover looks bl**dy awesome! did you make them yourself? where did you get them from?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent information and facts. Only real difficulty I was basically receiving was viewing the pics. No idea exactly why.

    1. Interior Design Seattle

    2. Minimalist Interior Design

    3. best interior design schools

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**