Wednesday, August 24, 2011

chipper

My life has officially been taken over by paint chips. No matter where I go they are always with me and no matter what I do they can see my every move. They have infiltrated my home, my purse, my car, and I can't even talk to you about my desk... I feel like it's a violation of my privacy at this point.

They just wont leave me alone!!!!!

 These colorful and seemingly innocent pieces of painted paper are evil....EVIL I tell you!

Besides annoy me, I sought out to find another purpose for their existence.

here are the

RESULTS









And look at what I have been working on...in all my spare time....no seriously, I have tons of spare time.

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF YET ANOTHER UNFINISHED PROJECT BECAUSE MY LIFE IS MENTAL/SCHIZOPHRENIC?

"instead of cuttin and pastin i be mixin and paintin"




10 comments:

  1. I remember doing a project like that in college with gouache paint...it can take a while but the results are going to be beautiful. Have fun my dear.

    xoxo
    www.villa-bisono.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see I'm not the only one who takes little stacks of paint chips. I made a mosaic a couple of years ago and felt so guilty taking so many, but it did not stop me. (:

    Also, maybe I love wood laminate flooring samples as coasters....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore that first image, so fun and creative. I also just saw somewhere a cute idea to use a chi card as a 'We Moved' mail out with the new address on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some seriously creative people out there. Wow. For a while I was carrying around an entire Sherwin Williams color wheel with me and would also snap pictures on my phone and use an app to identify the nearest color. It is addicting. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally in love with all of these. Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate. The trunk of my car is plastered in paint chips. Maybe I should decoupage them so they are permanent! Thanks for the lovely inspiration. Chic Rooms

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever! I've seen the use of them as artwork and am considering giving it a shot for a client too...Love your selection! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome! It's true haven't seen you put much painting up here in a while, but really sweet!
    painters edmonton

    painting contractor edmonton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are cool designs! I wanted to get my floors laminated before I start doing some design work. Do you know a good company that does laminate flooring in Edmonton?

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**