Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thanks for the mentions.....And some more progress

I had the pleasure of meeting the sweet and talented Nicole of So Haute blog a few months back. She contacted me to do an interview and come see my newly remodeled home. At the time of the meeting I had literally JUST decided to go out on my own in this design world. I was really shocked when she contacted little ole me cause it was kinda my first interview as a "designer" out on my own trying to make a name for myself. We did a walk through my house and here are some of the shots she got. Go take a look at the post and report back to me. 





In other news, I have been busting my balls to get my "outdoor room" job done before the wedding, which will be happening in this very backyard on Wednesday......Hold on a second, let me repeat myself.... I am designing/planning a wedding event, flowers, food, everything as well as trying to finish this MAJOR outdoor room project...Oh yeah and if I haven't told you, I have other clients and a 2 year old, a husband, a dog, a cat, AND a brand new business. Most days I ask myself "now, why the hell did I take on all of these jobs again?

Here is some more progress, I am still a ways away form being done....No budget to change the color of the existing outdoor sectional, still waiting for the most beautiful zinc and cedar dining table....as well as swagged outdoor fabric on the ceiling of the pregola.





ALSO, According to you lovers, you would like to see my daily outfits and turn them into rooms.....I am gonna go for it and if I suck its all YOUR fault.

Love you Mean It

14 comments:

  1. hi! I've been reading your blog for a few months now but this is my first time commenting. Just wanted to say... YOU CAN DO IT!

    One time, I was in grad school full time, working full time, planning a wedding, and I had just moved to a new house. I thought I was going to die. I didn't. But I did get really skinny from all the stress which was good for the wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!LOVE everything!! Can you give a source list for where you found all the fuurniture?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your backyard is seriously heaven sent and I know you'll rock the face off of thewedding/all of your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking beautiful and it will be over soon and you will be so proud of all you've done. I would love to see your outfits. I've thought about doing it before but some days I look good and some days I look like dog poo. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this idea of clothing assemble to room design idea. Looking at Anthro's ad today for their August favorites: http://tinyurl.com/3wq9hs6
    I could definitely design a room around this concept. Love the necklace and the floral wallpaper in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is gorgeous! I love your kitchen. zz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at your superbly style bookcases! I'm in the process of redoing mine, and I have stepped back and looked at them 1087 times...so I can appreciate all the work they take!

    the wedding is going to be fab...like you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your backyard, just have a question, I notice you have a rug. does it gets wet when it rains? Are the cushion fabrics waterproof? just curious...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am gonna do my best to answer errbodys questions:

    Julie, normally I too get thin with stress, not the case after the baby:(

    Anonymous: The furniture you see in the pics is all my clients existing patio furniture. I believe most is years old and I am not sure where they purchased it from.

    Gaby: Everything is my clients existing furniture which is waterproof. The rug is not waterproof and is being replaced. Stay tuned for photos

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving it all. bummer that we don't know source for those chairs around fire pit. they look amazing, modern adirondack-ish vibe. need those for my fire pit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh your the one! I love the space especially the peacock chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a fairly recent follower and I LOVED the tour of your house and interview. I really like the pieces you chose for your home and your styling. The outdoor room looks great too! Good luck getting it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent information and facts. Only real difficulty I was basically receiving was viewing the pics. No idea exactly why.

    1. Interior Design Seattle

    2. Minimalist Interior Design

    3. best interior design schools

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**