Tuesday, June 7, 2011

World Tour Stop:Greece

Funny story everyone... So #2 on my bucket list is Greece. I just got a call from my Dad and I am not shitting you I say "Hey Daddy you wanna go get dinner this week" the Padre says "Oh I wont be here I am going to Greece" I say "Oh cool, but I was asking if you want to go to dinner on Wednesday?" assuming my father would have given me at least a months notice to relish in my jealousy. Pappy responds" Yeah, I just said I am going to Greece"..."Wait on Wednesday?"...."Yep, Wednesday till the 20 somethin of June, 3 weeks."

WTF I wanna go to Greece. Does my Dad not know it's number TWO on the Bucket List? Does he not understand that I would sell an ovary to get my family to Crete? OK OK OK....I wish the story ended by him saying "well whatdya know I have decided to try out for Father of the Year in 2011 and I am taking You, The Duck, G, The Nanny, Penny the hound, Stella the gato, and shit-head the mortgage all to Greece for an all expenses paid vacation trip of a lifetime." NOPE that's not what happened. And just to add insult to soul injury, as I am proof reading this out loud to the Duck he mumbles all Britishy "I have been to Greece" FANTASTIC YOUR A SHITHEAD TOO. Oh And !OPA! to you Pappy.  

Cut to reality and I have no plans for a Grecian getaway anytime soon. I am left to lust over pictures of white buildings set on crystal blue sky's and the Mediterranean sea lapping itself on white sand beaches.










11 comments:

  1. I went to Crete years ago but have been dying to go back!! And your dad? So rude / so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greece is on my list too and hopefully I can plan a trip in the next year! Thanks for the lovely images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I JUST got back from my two-week honeymoon and Greece (traveled to Athens, Crete, Santorini and Mykonos and it was fabulous). Check out some of my pictures here: http://meetmeinphiladelphia.blogspot.com/2011/06/greece-is-word-part-2.html

    I couldn't recommend Greece enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE Greece as well! I was in Athens and Corfu when I was 17. I would love to get stuck on Santorini with a backpack and my camara for a week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the colours of Greece that always blow my mind- definitely near the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greece is on my short list too! Someday, someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greece is #1 on my bucket list! I tried to make it there this summer but flights to Europe are exorbitant, I feel like my life will be complete once I make it there (and probably a few other places too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to rub salt in the wound but Greece is a beautiful. Went for my 18th birthday. My top 5? Cuba is certainly in there as is New Zealand. Always fancied seeing the Northern Lights and would love to experience Ireland and The Seychelles, but like you, mortgage, kids and on-the-verge of having own cake baking business is putting the brakes on any future travel plans..ho hum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just went last August and it was amazing! Keep it on your list. I would love to go back. Stinks that your dad isn't taking you. http://www.whitneyanderick.com/?p=1691

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I'm inviting u to come to Greece, since I live here currently!:) Or u can check my blog cause there are and will be some pics from beautiful Greece!:) U have so adorable and inspirational blog that I've started to follow u, hope u don't mind!;)
    xoxo
    Jelena
    http://glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**