Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hedging our bets

At first we thought we would build a fence at the front of our house, but something about it was niggling at my brain and it was feeling a bit to pickety for my liking. I have decided we are going to build a privacy hedge and create a fabulous secret garden cottage/chic Venice beach/modern vibe???

I can't find any great inspirational photos except these below which aren't really doin it for me..I know what I want in my head but I need to show the Duck...he's already on board I just want him to steer the wheel of this little project....do you catch my drift?  Pretty pictures always work.






9 comments:

  1. I really like this idea. I am having a hard time getting past the first picture though...I love that table. I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you think! Great idea and I'm with Em in the comment above - I love that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have hedges instead of a fencing in our back yard and I do love love them. I will warn you though, they're alot of work- constant trimming and waiting for them to fill out- plus the cover provides great shade for weeds underneath. Still love how they look though and since I always vote for looks over practicality, I say a definite yes:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh! I love that grey house with the bicycle.. so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, this might sound stupid, but have you ever seen the Real Housewives of Orange County? Check out the one where Lauri gets married to George. It is in a GORGEOUS garden. I think you may be inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hedges are wonderful...my favorite is the last one......

    ReplyDelete
  7. These examples all look gorgeous! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've benn growing a hedge like these for our front yard too! Love the idea but it's taking sooo long to grow!! If you want it now, might be a good idea to invest a little more for already grown plants! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First I would like to appreciate the beauty of the houses, its all green. Awesome designs and great ideas.

    Home Interior Designing

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**