Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mothers Day to me!

Since G was born I have never been away from her for longer than a 10 hour work day... I think I would die of anxiety and probably rip my skin off cause I missed her so much.....However lately the Duck and I are in desperate need of some alone time. Not because we need time away from G but because we need time away as a couple and time away to not be so exhausted most days and nights that we can barely have a conversation. We have been together for 7 years on the 11th of may and we thought it was time to have a night away as a couple.    No G :( 


My awesome Mom has offered to stay the night here next weekend with G and Penny{the dog} and babysit so we could escape away to the desert. I am super excited and cannot wait.................. but I am also EXTREMELY sad and anxious thinking that for the first time in 20 months I won't have the sound of her on the baby monitor in my ear as she sleeps. I won't be able to hold her or kiss her goodnight and good morning. 


No joke as I type these words I am crying. 


I have decided to focus on the good it will do for my husband and I and think of the fact that I will be able to possibly sleep in past 6 am...or better yet, not have to rush out of bed to get a bottle and start my day with a not so mellow almost 2 year old running around the place. 


We are staying at one of my favorite Palm Springs hotels the Viceroy
I will try to be drunk at least 98 percent of the trip, swim for at least 9 hours straight, and will not be bringing my computer. GASP! No work, no blog, no nothing but desert heat and alcohol.


The thought of a date night away has me thinking outfits... I came up with this. 
BTW those are my new boots from H by Hudson and I am obsessed with them.









13 comments:

  1. Wow, your outfit will be rockin! Enjoy the Viceroy, relax, I'm sure it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. H by Hudson has awesome boots...yours are so cute. Happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have a terrible time. You will cry and cry and cry. And then in 20 years you will relive this moment and laugh and laugh and laugh.
    signed, a mother with a 19 and 22 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't leave my older daughter until she was 23 months, just a month before my younger daughter was born, and had ALL the same anxiety, stress, fear, etc. When I got away (girls weekend in San Francisco), it was so weird to NOT think about my baby, like a time before she existed, and then of course I felt guilty about that. But it was SO good to get away, and it will be for you, too. Enjoy it--for real, it's not always easy to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whether you are missing your daughter or not will make absolutely no difference to her - so try and just be in the moment with your hubby and enjoy it. We moms are always raging with guilt if we're not 100% thinking of our kids all the time, but it is so much better to have balance and a good relationship with your husband and some time for you. There are some things we could learn from men, and this is one of those things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to brighten this rainy day.. finding your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will have an awesome time. I remember the first time we left T, I was a wreck and it was for 4 nights in Vegas, so it was a long ways away. Once we landed and I had a cocktail I began to unwind, and surpisingly didn't think about my son constantly. It was great for us to reconnect and he was with my Mom too, so I knew he was in good hands. We try to go away once a year now, it does a marriage good (and lets you regenerate and destroy new braincells simulatneously through sleep and booze. Have a great time a sweetie, you deserve a break! And Happy Mama's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I leave my kids every year for a week for time alone with my hubs. We've been together almost 17 years, and married for almost 13....it's lifesaving!!!! Try not to feel guilty, look at it like you are giving your daughter the gift of a healthy marriage, happier parents...both of which are long-term gifts for her!!!!

    have a ball foxy mama.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where is that gorgeous floral wrap/shawl/cardigan from?

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHHHH! I want the entire date outfit. Can you post links for them, jeans earrings etc?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dying over the outfit...fabulous! Yes, shawl source would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Guys, ok the shawl is a "bed jacket" from Nicole Richie's clothing line "WINTER KATE"
    they have the most amazing things..check the line out here.
    http://www.shopbop.com/tamarin-floral-print-shrug-neck/vp/v=1/845524441898246.htm?folderID=2534374302170978&fm=browse-brand-shopbysize-viewall&colorId=34812

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that outfit. Hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**