Monday, May 23, 2011

Blue Monday

Happy Monday lovers....It's been a blue kinda weekend for me. Not cause I am sad. Or because I have my giant 30th birthday coming up in 115 days...or because my little girl is going to be 2 or because Oprah is going off the air. No, No, No, none of these things are the cause for my blue Monday.

The fu***king color Blue is the damn cause of my blue Monday because it is driving me to insanity. I am seeing it everywhere, and I feel like If I don't upholster something in blue velvet I am going to have to scratch my skin off. 
I unfortunately don't have much to re-upholster around these parts except my Bed headboard.... which, if you ask me is as good a candidate as any to make my new blue velvet moment. I am going to upholster and tuft the shit out of it and that's that. I will OWN it!

After seeing all these pictures how could I NOT? 






The headborad I wanna re-upholster is actually one of Nate's Headboardzzz from HSN and they are actually not that crap. I got the plain white one....I shoulda bought the blue tufted velvet one instead... here


Some more greatness..nothing to do with Nate Berkus or Headboards..just other thing like benches and couches I could potentially upholster in Blue Velvet.







I joined Pintrest!! UserName:AmberInteriors ( i am sure all of your lovers are saying "DUH" Amber where the hell have you been?)  

16 comments:

  1. I am in the process of reupholstering this bench in blue velvet. heaven. This one: http://thingsthatsparkleblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/reality-check.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling the same blue velvet vibe. Would love a tutorial of your experience tufting, etc. Can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that you swear! it makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots, I am in the market for a new headboard myself.

    www.clotheshorsenyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. After all those gorgeous pics, I want to do something in tufted blue velvet too! Nice choices! Look at the gorgeous ZR blue/cinnamon velvet fabric I did a sectional in on my Home Page. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you joined pinterest. It's addictive! Go for that headboard, it will look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Mad Men headboard is beyond divine. I'm considered a blue velvet tufted sofa for my family room. Deciding which shade of blue will be most resilient with three kids. Great images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dark blue velvet...I have 10 yards that I am dying to cover something with them...just don't know what yet. The Mad Men headdboard is beautiful and very dreamy!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that headboard is going to be goooood. It's probably better you didn't buy the blue version, because I bet you'll find a better quality velvet to use.

    PS 115 days till your 30th? Damn that's almost a half year. You got plenty of time. Wish I could rewind 6 months and be 29 again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tufted blue velvet is elegant and rich looking and will be still in ten years. I had a blue velvet sofa for years (gone now)...I want to get one for our ski condo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm finna paint my armoire blue bc I too can no longer stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. excellent decoration everything is really nice

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just joined Pininterest myself.

    But then again I'm over 40 and from Ohio. Not exactly a benchmark for cool.

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**