Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fence

So because of this......




we had to build this.........


Let's rewind shall we?
So the cute pooch is just that....an amazingly cute pooch named "Chrissy" although we will probably re-name her because I am not vibing on Chrissy.....I think Frankie suits her more. Anyways back to the fence...the adoption agency will not let us have her until we secure our perimeter....and rightly so. We have coyotes in these parts and she has to be safe.  

Please email me if you want the real "how to version". We were toally inspired by the brick house and there sweet fence building skills!

 We started by purchasing some really expensive clear A redwood...only to realize we wasted money on this fancy brand of wood and that the Home Depot version of their redwood dog ear planks would work just peachy! All we did was lop off the lame dog ear and flip the planks to be horizontal. First we had to rip all of the previous owners crappy landscaping out

before carnage


after carnage

Then after various stages of watching my sweaty husband work away as I sipped NyQuil in the corner shit started to come together!






Whilst he was heaving and ho-ing away, I managed to make my way to Home goods to infect all I came in contact with.....and buy some pots.

Quick DIY
White one ....on sale...painted it black...end of...12 bucks




 I planted some succulents that I purchased at Home Depot. We put some pea gravel to cover the dirt.... This crap is only 5 bones a bag so...it worked


Finished Fence.......Now we just have one more 25 foot side to go and the Puppy will be OURS!!!


23 comments:

  1. Damn you are quick! That looks amazing!!!
    Can't wait to see how you decorate the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fence looks so fab! I'm going to keep it in mind... my little boxer can jump our 4 foot fence so I'm going to have to replace it... She's so worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed by you....

    Ahhh, the things we do for dogs. =) And by we, I don't mean me, since you know....I'm holding out on owning one for as long as I can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Endlessly impressed with your DIY skills. And that little one is so adorable and worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute puppy! The name Frankie is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! Chrissy/ Frankie/ whatever you end up naming her is adorable and definitely worth the effort. Love the DIY planter too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! It looks like a lot of work. Quick question (did you get a permit for this).. I won't tell... I am wondering if it's too complicated to get a permit for mine. I desperatley need a fence so my little one can run wild. =/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having a puppy is the best thing in the world! Beaufort was Ashton when we adopted him and he has no idea:) Great fence!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You is good, y'all built a fence just so y'all could get a puppy. Frankie is going to the right home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my that is one ADORABLE little face and one GORGEOUS fence. Perfection all around and ps, I highly approve of Frankie- have a sweet little 2 year old relative with the name:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks awesome. And Frankie is so worth it. I had some good luck with outside lanterns at Home Goods this evening. Spring is HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love horz fence concept. Dog does not look like a Chrissy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very swanky fence...will definitely be worth the sweat (and likely splinters) the first time you hear G giggle hysterically as lil' Chrissy/Frankie makes out with her face!

    on a side note, I am a full proponent of renaming rescues...my pup's original name was Chevette...NOT happening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful fence - love the pea gravel and black pots...lucky you, lucky pup!

    ReplyDelete
  15. k, silly question, but does the fence open, is there a door with a latch?? I don't have a puppy, but I have a toddler. In terms of needs for fences they are about the same!

    And your puppy is super adorable. Makes me want to get one too. Until I remember that I already have a toddler :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love that you did all of this for a doggie...so worth it. Definitely a loving home for a pup :-) And I love those planters..succulents are my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow that looks great and the rocks and plants look great to and i love the name frankie :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think this is one of the most significant info for me. And i am glad reading your article. I am going to share this with my facebook friends. Thanks a lot.

    Home Design

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very good job with the landscaping and the fences, I like what you did with the pictures of your fencing project. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

    I am Dan Parks a landscaping pro in Kingston, NH - http://www.danparksf-l.com . We are located in Southern New Hampshire, Kingston. We do similar fencing projects in NH as well and I see that you have done an excellent job. We have worked in very similar projects in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This site is one of the best I have found.
    1.Best Home Insurance Progressive Home Advantage

    2.Best Car Insurance Liberty Car Insurance

    3.Best Car Modifications 2013 Audi TT RS

    ReplyDelete
  22. what are the dimensions of the planks you used

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE this! Any instructions on the gate frame?

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**