Thursday, March 3, 2011

DI-wise and Vanity

I have a Vanity area in my master which is really cute. It is original to the house and I am always trying to think of the perfect set-up for it...but I am often stumped. I recovered this little storage ottoman and bought a cute tray from HomeGoodies but It still needs some help. I think one day I will wallpaper it and change the mirror but for now this is what I got.  I think the current need to not feel like an ugly man most days might be the driving force behind the flowers and girly things everywhere. Here's a question, Am I alone in thinking that motherhood, a seemingly womanly thing, has left me feeling quite manly on most days. Talking about poop and dirt and various bodily functions...it's rarely glamorous. Anyways, here is the ottoman before.


I recovered it in the fabric I ordered back in this post


Then I took 2 door knockers and spray painted them gold and screwed them into the sides as an accent.


Which made them look like this!


and now my vanity looks like this.....



Don't judge...this needs a LOT of work. 


15 comments:

  1. JUDGE? I am obsessed. It is beyond gorgeous. A crystal chandy, flower ottoman and carerra counter? I am in heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I bought the same tray and have it in my son's room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing...Love the floral print you chose and the carrera marble (my all time fave).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric you chose!! The little area is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The door knocker thing was genius! Great choice in fabric do you store your make-up inside. I would but I usually need a Uhaul size truck to store all my make-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the floral and the knockers! brilliant! What a great space to glam in, and yes... motherhood can definitely take your glam some (most) days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not judging! It is gorgeous! I love the fabric on the stool and that marble counter is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is super cute! love the pulls and fabric - so bright and girly! and YES motherhood (i have a 2yr old and i am pregnant with our 2nd) can really knock the "woman" right out of you!! thanks for the inspiration to get it back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. door knocker! such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's absolutely STUNNING!!!! I'm obsessed with that fabric and the marble top and...all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very glamorous!! Great idea!! You are one clever lady,KS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you kidding me, this looks gorgeous. Beautiful job and I'm sure you feel super lovely sitting there. I love all the touches but the ottoman is my favourite, clever lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks very feminine, which I feel is the impression you want to achieve. I do however see what you mean about the mirrors, particularly the larger one on the wall – perhaps it requires some kind of frame to set it off? Or perhaps the facility needs removing altogether, and instead attach the oval mirror to the wall and add some colour to the wall behind.

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**