Sunday, March 6, 2011

Camel Tassels

Hi Folks...I am desperately searching high and low to find Camel Tassels....yep, you heard me right. CAMEL TASSELS.This may sound like a strange request...unless you know me and then you are not surprised or shocked at the randomness.
After watching a recent episode of "An Idiot Abroad" when he took a trip to Egypt, I became infatuated with all the colors on the camels. Especially the particular one he rode across the Jordanian dessert to get to Petra. I could care less about the 7th wonder of the world or the great pyramids in Cairo....I wanted the CAMEL TASSELS.  I want to hang them from a chandelier or sew them on pillows or use them as tie backs for my living room curtains. Or put them on my cat so she can look prettier....

I will camel hump you if you can find me any of the following....

1} an expert in the field of camel riding
2} a professional camel tassel maker
3} a dessert dweller who herds camels across the sandy plains to entertain tourists?
or
4} a camel

Please forward me the pertinent information so that I may swindle myself some of these lovely adornments. Thank You kindly







Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. kirstenmarieinc.blogspot.comMarch 6, 2011 at 10:56 AM

    Rosebowl! If you find them - I'll pass on the camel hump!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy might be a good start...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/EGYPT-BEDOUIN-CAMEL-WOOL-SADDLE-BLANKET-ACCESSORY-SET-/220517359778?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3357dbe0a2a

    They are pretty fabulous... Hey, I smell a DIY. You could seriously do this one girl.
    xo
    Danika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me? I have been looking for the same thing! the closest I have found is at http://www.tabletonic.com.au/categories/Decorative-Accents/?sort=newest. If I find any better I'll let you know. If you find some give me a shout! Good Luck! Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not camel tassels, but maybe you could use them in something.

    Good luck with your search.

    www.dransfieldandross.biz/productinfo.asp?product_id=9691


    turnuptherad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amber
    I live in Dubai, UAE and I am pretty sure I will find some of these tassels for you at our Camel market which is literally a market selling supplies for the camel trainers and grooms.
    Camel racing is an official sport here so there is a huge business which has built up around the sport and I know I have seen the bridles which are decorated with the tassels when I visited the market last year with some friends
    I would be happy to source them for you , send you some images and then you could let me know which one you like.
    Regards
    Julie Fraser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,

      I am looking for the same thing, and I would love to work with you on sourcing these. My email is Michelle@CLDstylehouse.com. What's yours?? Please let me know asap. :)

      Delete
  6. Julie please send me an email with your info..lets make this camel market happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.silkroadtribal.com/-Banjara-Beaded-Camel-Tassel_p_1125.html

    Or really, check out the whole "tassels" section of that website.

    Love your blog, by the way, I'm a new reader!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your blog. you should check out bigbangstudio.blogspot.com if you love all things india. her blog is divine!! mine's ok too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have any camel tassels...but strangely enough, I do have a camel saddle. No joke. It was my great grandfather's...he lived in Afganistan building roads back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this!!! Camels are my favorite animals... I would love to have one of these images for art in my home! Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny enough I came upon this blog looking for camel tassels too! Except, being a belly dancer, I probably have different reasons for looking! Middle Eastern dancers use these for hip scarfs and embellishments. Here's what popped up when I googled "Camel tassels hip scarf":

    http://www.artemisimports.com/camel-fringe-from-morocco/

    There's lots more, if you are still interested. Just plug into the googles as hip scarfs and shop away!

    ~Summer Lotus

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent information and facts. Only real difficulty I was basically receiving was viewing the pics. No idea exactly why.

    1. Interior Design Seattle

    2. Minimalist Interior Design

    3. best interior design schools

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**