Friday, March 25, 2011

1 room 2 ways: Bijou & Boheme



You guys....LOOK WHO'S HERE..



Can I first off start by confessing my undying love for Christine from Bijou and Boheme. She has been one of, if not THEE, nicest and most helpful blogger gals in blogland.! She has impeccable taste...and I mean impeccable. You have to go look at her house, and she also has a sense of keeping her style fresh and true to her personality. I am chuffed to have her showing off her room two ways today. If your not already a follower....go jump on it because you have been missing out! The eye candy alone will have you swooning for more!

***********
Hi AI readers, I am so thrilled to be here showing you my little cabinet switcheroo.
To start things off, here is my vintage chinoise armoire.
 I bought this little lovely from Sir Craig for $200 bones - she used to be perhaps the only shade of pink in the world I don't like.
I painted her white and positioned her in the kitchen to serve as a china hutch.


Although I loved the cabinet here, it didn't really fit the space...made having a chair at the end of the table a little tight.
And more importantly, hush hush, whisper whisper...my new kitchen is going to have some pretty fabulous display areas so.....time for Ms. Chinoise to move. 
I wanted to give the cabinet a bit of a new look for the big transfer so she got a little FB Hague Blue touch up...and let me just say, she's looking quite pretty.
Here she is now.




I still have a LOT of fiddling/rearranging to do with the goodies inside, but so far so good.

Thanks so much to Amber for letting my little cabinet show her pretty new colours.
xo

****




No My love! Thank YOU! 




Photobucket

32 comments:

  1. I am so obsessed with her style and her home! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw! I mentioned your art/dining room in my weekly roundup today! Loving that DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christine. And she's even nicer in person :)

    I have never seen this cabinet of hers before and I am in love! It does not look like Craigslist material to me at all! And I love how the back is navy blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous transformation. Anything with Hague Blue has my heart. Thanks for sharing Christine! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Christine, your cabinet is GORGEOUS! I love that it's given a prime location!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That girl is gold! She is as nice as she is talented. The cabinet made me a smidgen jealous...not gonna lie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She does have great style agreed! Love this transformation...the cabinet is gorgeous..and such a pretty focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Love the transformation! Can't believe this was a craigslist find. The navy really did wonders. Also love the contrast of your dining table and the modern chairs.
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this feature...I love how the paint transformed this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. christine's always leaves me in 'ah'... lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are totally right, she *is* the sweetest person around! And Ms. Chinoserie looks oh-so-gorgeous in her new locale with her little mini makeover...impeccable, as usual! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is freaking unreal. Best one yet. You never EVER stop knocking my socks off, Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine's home is so amazing! I love her gorgeous cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love her style! That piece is amazing, as are her beautiful objects inside!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the vintage chinoise armoire, and what a great price! My husband and I are finally out of our apartment and slowly collecting furniture. Hopefully I can find something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am always impressed with christine's home. She has incredible style and is so talented. I like the cabinet in both places, could that cabinet look bad anywhere? No.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much Amber for having me- was such a treat to be here and your introduction made me smile from ear to ear. I just noticed that the grill is down on the fireplace- ha! We can thank the 2 year old sweet menace for that one. Thanks for the sweet comments everyone- mwah!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. That cabinet is great! The dark blue is fabulous. Love how you styled it of course!

    ReplyDelete
  19. christine has amazing taste and it's so fun to see another beautiful part of her house!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Are you kidding me?!?! I would give my left arm for that amazing hutch!!!!! WOW!

    Can I just reiterate how much I love this series?!

    turn up the rad

    ReplyDelete
  21. First off I just have to say how happy I am to have discovered you via Christine! Such a lovely blog you have :)

    And secondly, Christine, this is just gorgeous! You have the most impeccable taste, sweetie. Thanks for giving us yet another peak inside your gorgeous home! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just adore Christine,

    She's so feminine, sexy and glam.
    And her spaces layered but always tailored and chic.
    This, of course, is not exception to the rule -- stunning comme d'habitude, dear Bijou, Alcira

    nerochronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the cabinet in its new spot and am so jealous she found this on Craigs! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cabinet! Christine, I'm going to need you to fly south and style mine!!!

    Thrilled to have found your lovely blog, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love Christine as well. And love her subtle but effective cabinet transformation. Am so looking forward to seeing her kitchen progression with meredith heron - should be great fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Christine is way talented and I could die over that cabinet! And by the way, I love your cloud art...what an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've never seen this cabinet of hers before! That has to be one of the best CL finds of all time! Love it in the living room!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great piece in either space. Christine is always so brilliant...and I just have to say, I CAN'T wait to see her new kitchen.

    Love the series!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love love that orange chair! WOW so gorgeous!!!!! I am absolutely loving your blog...I guess I will be a regular!

    ReplyDelete
  30. christine is the best... and of course, her guest blog is awesome. she can primp up any craigs list item and turn it to gold.

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**