Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Egg Head

I have been the proud owner of one of these babies for a couple years now and I absolutely love it. It has been with us through three apartments and now resides on the front porch of our new house. In every apartment we hung it in the corner of our living room, leaving the landlords PISSED and with a giant hole in the ceiling.  The duck has a love hate relationship with the chair cause he knows he's the one who has to crawl in the attic to find the stud to drill it into.... Just to bug him I am contemplating bringing it back inside.
Anyways, it is currently the natural rattan finish and I am thinking maybe paint it white....Here is the chair as is{in our apartment 4 years ago}, and some inspirations with it both painted and leaving it
Au Naturale.

Thoughts?










and here is a little pic of yours truly...just because.


{Me on most days}

11 comments:

  1. I kinda like it as is. It brings a natural element to the room. Plus it looks like a bitch to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of like it too. At first glance I wasn't sure, but after seeing how great it worked in the inspiration photos. It brings a natural element to the space and some texture and interest. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think au naturel with a great colorful fabric with a white background (and a sheepskin, too for extra coziness) would be the best of both worlds. I just think once you paint it it is impossible to go back. But if I were to paint it, I would probably go black...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it as it is, although your white inspiration shots look great too... oh decisions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. I like the idea of painting it white and put a fun cushion on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a tough one, the white looks amazing in the pink nursery. I love the natural, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both but I'm thiking just to change it up a bit since you've had it for a while, why not go white? A pretty fabric cushion and a whole new look- fabulous either way but yes, I think white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. funny- I've been having the exact same quandry! Here's my post ont he subject:

    http://loveyourspace.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-of-hanging-chair.html

    I haven't made a decision yet, either, but am leaning to keeping the natural rattan for the very reason so many of your readers cite--the natural element.

    Curious to see what you decide!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a toughie. I like them both. I would probably vote for the natural. Not sure why I'm saying that, but there it is.

    I love your blog. Just found you and am putting you on my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it the way it is and usually I paint everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leave-definitely! It's so organic and natural -oh and uber stylish! Jealous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

**THANK'S FOR THE LOVE**